Each session will start at 10:00 and run until 12:00.
What is so different about writing for the web? What can you do to ensure that your content is engaging but also discoverable and shareable? This workshop will help you answer these questions.
The ability to write and repurpose content for the web is an important skill. Visitors can abandon your site at the click of a button if they are not engaged by what you have written.
From September 2018, legislation now means digital inclusion is a right for users rather than a privilege. People writing content for organisational websites need to understand the impact of clear communication on accessibility.
The workshop takes place over two online sessions, each lasting two hours. There will also be some self-directed learning to support the online sessions which will be accredited using digital badges.
Who should attend
This workshop is aimed at anyone with an interest in developing their digital communication skills. It will be of particular benefit to anyone with responsibility for creating and updating online content.
You could be involved in curriculum design, public outreach, library services, supporting students or blogging.
What we cover
- Overview of the web as a medium
- Practical tasks to help you write engaging, information-packed web content
- Examination of web audience and intent
- The art of structuring your writing for maximum impact
- Increasing the discoverability of your content
By the end of the workshop, participants will have:
- Practised techniques for writing and repurposing content for web delivery
- Explored key practical issues surrounding the provision of web content
- Critically evaluated a range of real and potential web content
- Identified the key points to successful web writing
Pricing and eligibility
Jisc members - £200 + VAT1
Other organisations - £400 + VAT
- 1 VAT is charged at 20% of the value of the service. If you are a member of Jisc’s VAT-exempt cost sharing group, and you are able to provide confirmation of the exact taxable/exempt use of the service, we will be able to reduce the amount of VAT chargeable to reflect the taxable business use proportion of the service only. This additional information is required as a result of a change to HMRC policy. Please contact email@example.com if you require more information.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01235 822242.