Amazon Web Services (AWS) technical essentials introduces you to AWS products, services, and common solutions. It provides you with the skills to take your organisation's requirements and identify the AWS IT solutions that best fit your organisation. Meaning you can get working on AWS even quicker.
This course is delivered through a mix of instructor-led training and hands-on labs.
Attendees of this course will receive a 30% discount on any other AWS training courses provided by QA Ltd.
Who should attend
This course is aimed at a technical audience who require a technical appreciation of AWS products and services.
What we cover
- Introduction to and history of AWS
- AWS foundational services: EC2, VPC, S3, EBS
- AWS security, identity and access management
- AWS databases: RDS, DynamoDB
- AWS management tools: Auto Scaling, Cloudwatch, Elastic Load Balancing, Trusted Advisor
On completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Recognise terminology and concepts as they relate to the AWS platform and navigate the AWS Management Console
- Understand the foundational services, including Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), and Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS)
- Understand the security measures AWS provides and key concepts of AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Understand AWS database services, including Amazon DynamoDB and Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS)
- Understand AWS management tools, including Auto Scaling, Amazon CloudWatch, Elastic Load Balancing (ELB), and AWS Trusted Advisor
Pricing and eligibility
£565 + VAT.
This course is only available to Jisc members.
For more information about this course, including cost and how to commission it for your team, email email@example.com or phone 01235 822242.
Find out more about cloud solutions
Jisc can assist your institution to understand cloud and how it can bring value at the forefront of an education and research institution's digital strategy. We are able to advise on platform selection, business cases definition, strategy, road maps, planning, implementation, and adoption. For more information, visit our cloud pages.