The Old Fire Station
Albert Adams Room
University of Salford
Salford M5 4WT
This event is an opportunity for a range of research professionals to come together and discuss the impact of industry 4.01 technologies on research.
Areas for consideration might include:
- Research excellence – how might 4.0 technologies help enhance research excellence? How might they specifically support the REF process?
- Integrity – how might 4.0 technologies support research reproducibility?
- Ethics - how might ethical considerations keep pace with the technology?
- Roles and skills – how might these technologies change the role of the researcher? Is there a skills gap to be addressed? What are the risks?
- Financial sustainability – what are the investment implications of 4.0 technologies?
There will also be opportunities for networking and discussion about key opportunities and challenges of industry 4.0 tech to research.
Who should attend
This event is designed for the research community, from practitioners (researchers, heads of research department and those that support them - research administrators and managers), to strategic leads such as pro vice-chancellors for research.
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com.
This event is free to attend but there are limited places. You can register your interest now. We'll review all applications and confirm whether you've been successful by the end of October. Please do look out for an email from us.