Are you involved in reviewing or enhancing programmes and modules at your institution?
This workshop looks at new visualisations around curriculum analytics we are developing and will provide you with an opportunity to explore using data and analytics as part of programme and module review and enhancement. It is most suitable for anyone who is involved is using curriculum data to make strategic decisions, academics interested in using data for course and module review.
As part of a curriculum analytics pilot, we have worked with four universities to develop some visualisations using existing data for learning analytics to provide insights into course and module activities. The aim of the workshop is to scope what visualisations would be most useful for institutions supporting the following user journeys.
As a strategic manager:
- How does course structure and complexity impact on key metrics such as pass rates and engagement?
- What factors, such as technology adoption, lead to improvements in institutional performance? (for example student satisfaction and pass rates)
As a course leader:
- What metrics are useful when looking at course review?
- How does assessment bunching impact on student success?
- How will changes to one module impact on other learning pathways?
As a module lecturer:
- What can we learn from student patterns of digital engagement about how to improve the course design?
Who should attend
This will be of particular interest to:
- HE or FE strategic managers who are interested in what curriculum analytics can tell them
- Course leaders looking to use data to infrom curriculum review
- Academics looking to use curriculum analytics
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.